The NHL continues to impress me with its integration of online content and media. Online game viewing, philanthropic tweeting, and new downloadable content make the NHL the league that is taking risks and finding new and interesting ways to use the Internet to connect with its fans. I wanted to highlight two recent examples by the Dallas Stars and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Dallas Stars: The Dallas Stars made their media guide, usually a sought after, but rarely mass released item, available for download in the Apple Store for ITouch, IPhone, and the IPAD. Here is the link. The "App" is downloadable for free, and offers great high resolution photos and detailed information. I think this is a tremendous idea to bring buzz to an underused item. The only change I would make is not advertise it as an "app" because that makes it sound interactive, where really it is an online publication.
Pittsburgh Penguins: The Penguins have begun releasing their Ice Time program an hour before each game begins. The program is then available from then on under the website link. Here is the website for the programs. Releasing the program right before game time allows fans watching the game at home to receive the information in the program, and more importantly for the team, the advertisements from sponsors, then allowing the team to charge more for program ads. I think this is a genius idea, and would love for more teams to jump on board.
Till next time!
Nov 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment