Search This Blog

Nov 22, 2010

Partnership Activation Newsletter Highlights

I always try to learn more about the areas that I hope to go into such as Marketing and Partnership Activation. A great website that I follow is http://www.partnershipactivation.com/. The man who runs it studies all team, league, and sport properties and reports on interesting activation techniques. Partnership Activation involves working with corporate partners and creating the brand strategy that the two will share, and then executing all of the events, promotions, and techniques promised to the partner in the contract. This website writes a monthly newsletter that highlights many different techniques. Here are some highlights from the latest issue:

Dallas Mavericks: The Mavs created their own YouTube channel where they post parodies, jumbotron videos, and funny videos that the team uses. Users can watch these videos, share them, and comment on them. Some of the videos are really off the wall, and funny to watch, and most have been aired during the games. I think this is a great idea by the Mavs and somewhat relates to the Adidas video I recently posted. Embracing a silly personality can be a relatable, effective way to reach fans.

New Jersey Devils: When the Devils opened their new arena in 2007, the team created a large hockey puck that they asked the fans to sign from that game. The puck is now displayed prominently in the arena, thanking fans for their support. These types of promotions are simple to do, only done once, but can create a great display for teams.

Nike: Nike continues to create great advertisements, (I will be addressing the LeBron Nike Ad soon), with their Write the Future videoboard. Whenever someone does something special, a news team sends a fake news headline for the next day's paper to a video board in the area, therefore estimating the "ripple effect" of the moment. This can be a great promotion for big time games, such as Championship match-ups. Here is the video

Next article: NHL Online Content

No comments:

Post a Comment